SAVE THE DATE: Thursday, February 20, 2020 6pm – 8pm
HELP JOIN US IN CREATING A CULTURAL EXPERIENCE FOR OUR SCHOOL
Cultural Diversity Celebration – A night to explore, appreciate, celebrate, and educate each other about unique countries, cultures, and traditions of that weave our community together. We will transform the classrooms of Central into a cultural experience at this free school-wide event. The world is full of adventure so let’s explore together!
WE NEED YOUR HELP!
We are looking for parents and students* to share cultural music, food, dance, art, language or anything else at this. Do you have any Kid-Centered and Interactive ideas you have to help cultivate an appreciation of cultural diversity for the students of Central Elementary School? *Students are encouraged to participate but must be accompanied by parent/guardian.
HOW CAN YOU HELP?
- ROOM HOSTS: Consider becoming a “host” family to help create a cultural experience in a room.
- OR SUPPORT the efforts of “host” family to participate in sharing a room experience.
Examples of how to create an experience: Share traditional foods, perform or play traditional music and songs. Teach visitors the language. Play a game. Make a quick craft. Display traditional clothing. Share favorite customs and holidays. Play a slide show with favorite photos. Help decorate the room.
- PERFORMERS: Do you have a cultural dance or performance? Consider performing dances, songs and music of any culture or country. These will be performed throughout the night in the gym.
- THE “MAKE IT HAPPEN” CREW: We need volunteers to help set up and help with other behind the scenes needs.
- BY SAVING THE DATE: Mark your Calendars and join us on February 20!
Volunteer Sign Up Genius: Cultural Diversity Celebration Volunteer
If you have questions contact Amy Sheridan at email@example.com.